Hive Update – Laying Queen

In the last update on the hive, our new queen successfully got mated and started laying. Last week, we found that she was still laying well.  We were able to find her on a frame in the top box, where the newer brood is located.

Since it’s that time of year, we did a varroa mite check. To do this, we did a sugar roll with a half cup of bees and powdered sugar. In all, we found six mites, so we will have to consider whether we need to treat the hive for mites.

Posted in Hive Inspection.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *